WPK was founded in the 1930’s by Arie van der Arend. Since 1960, the name WPK is adopted. WPK stands for ‘Westlandse Plantenkwekerij’. From that time another seven WPK locations were founded by the four sons and one daughter of Arie van der Arend. The beginning of the WPK group was born with branches in Westland, Limburg and Belgium. In the present day WPK consists of one company with four locations in Westland and Brabant. The current management is conducted by Erik and Eviek van der Arend.